Seniors Real Estate Specialist (SRES)
Are you considering moving to a retirement community or moving in with your adult son or daughter, who can help with your needs as you grow older.
Many people find it difficult to let go of their family home after they retire—the place where children were raised, the safety and security of a family unit. In this physical space, your oldest and dearest memories reside. It’s a big decision, and there are many pros and cons. That’s where an experienced SRES comes in.
What is an SRES?
A Seniors Real Estate Specialist, or SRES, is a Realtor who has received extensive specialized training covering these topics and more that are particularly important to those age 50+ and their families. As an SRES® designee, Barbara has obtained comprehensive education on topics such as; tax laws, probate, estate planning, and equity conversion strategies and can offer you relevant information on current market trends and valuable resources.
Why Use an SRES?
It would help to have a REALTOR with senior experience, knowledge, and marketing savvy.
Those qualities, along with special knowledge of managing home sales for those over 50, are what SRES designees can bring to your next real estate transaction. Barb can guide you through all your real estate transactions because she has the following:
- A solid comprehension of Federal laws for Housing for
- Older Persons Act (HOPA)
- Sensitivity to 50+ issues and priorities
- The devotion to providing reputable services that win and sustain trusting client and customer relationships
- Knowledge of the uses, benefits, procedures, and issues involved in reverse mortgages
- Education regarding the use of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions
- The understanding of how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security impact your real estate decisions
- A solid comprehension of Federal laws for the Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA)
Why do seniors prefer living separately?
Many seniors prefer to continue living in their own homes or aging in place. Sometimes, circumstances work against those preferences:
- Home maintenance becomes a burden
- A significant life event forces considering a move
- An aging parent wants to live closer to adult children or other caretakers
- Financial concerns make it difficult to keep the home
- Support services are needed that are not available at home
Selling a family home can be an extremely emotional and challenging experience. However, having realistic expectations and partnering with experienced professionals is essential. Barbara has over 20 years of experience in the real estate industry, including working as a Senior Real Estate Specialist. As a Seniors Real Estate Designee (SRES), Barbara Ziegenbusch can help navigate you through this process so you can stay focused on what matters most – family.